Hello Gleason,

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 09:35:56 -0500 GMT (11-Mar-21, 21:35 +0700 GMT),
Gleason wrote:

>>> We have also changed plans about the calendar which is going to be a major
>>> addition and decided to postpone its release to the second half of this
>>> year.

>> Pity about the delay, but looking forward to that! Will it be possible to
>> sync to CalDav online calendars, and will it be possible to send/accept
>> meeting invitations? That sure would be a killer feature!

> It would be a "me too" feature.  Maybe new ideas in email handling have run
> out?

> My opinion:  Email clients have better things to do than try to be pim's or
> calendars.
> Email clients that try to provide other complex features often end up not
> doing any of them really well.
> Sometimes the old linux idea of doing one thing and doing it really well,
> applies.

I respect your opinion.

On my side, I receive .ics attachments when companies or large organisations
make appointments. These days they often virtual appointments, so they also
include a link too. Obviously, this is some Outlook-internal format. I can
neither read the appoinment date/time nor do I have access to the link. I don't
even use thr Outlook calendar, I use the Google calendar.

I have no idea how to solve this problem. Now, I have to always send them an
email back and ask for a clear-text info, which of course is annoying for them
and looks bad for me. One person once asked me, "why don't you just use Outlook
like everybody else?"

Software applications, especially those used in working envirnments, are often
integrated applications these days. Yes, it was different in the last century
and I  was of the opinion then that an email client should be limited to (stay
focussed on) email. Times have changed.

I support the idea of a calendar, and I would like the option to synch it with
my Google calendar. Just my 2 cents worth.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! Version 9.3.3 (64-bit)
under Windows 10.0 Build 19041

'Using TBBETA' information: