Hallo Greg,

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:36:01 -0500GMT (5-9-2005, 20:36 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

>> AFAIK, on NT/2k/XP/2k3 The Bat also defrags it's message bases after
>> compressing them.

GS> No offense but I doubt this. Why? First, when I run a defrag this is
GS> quite a length process on WinXP Pro. I run 'Compress all folders on
GS> exit' and my TB only takes a couple of seconds to close. Second, the
GS> only option to defrag is by volume that I see. Given the disparity in
GS> time and the fact that my mail folder is on the largest volume on my
GS> hard disk, I don't think a defrag would run in a couple of seconds.

He's only mentioning the defragging of the message bases. Actually
that's not hard to do, provided that you've got ample space. Only
thing TB has to do before compressing is to estimate the amount of
space needed for the compressed folder. Pick a piece of diskspace
that's big enough and to place the compressed copy there.
TB doesn't need to care about the rest of the disk, so it's just a
matter of targeting the right real estate.

-- 
Groetjes, Roelof

WinErr 004: Erroneous error - nothing is wrong

The Bat! 3.61.03 beta
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM

Attachment: pgpiSPvbAHwKb.pgp
Description: PGP signature

________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 3.61.03 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html
IMPORTANT: To register as a Beta tester, use this link first -
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/partners/testers/

Reply via email to