Igor-

Friday, December 15, 2006, 7:11:39 AM, you wrote:

> With BatPost you can create personal local account for every user or
> create common account and access it with IMAP protocol.
> BatPost server can retrieve messages from the remote mailbox and store
> them in locally.

Now I start to understand why this functionality is being pulled out
of TB - it's been moved to BatPost. I'll have to try this out. Can
common folders be created that can be shared among different accounts?
That's one of the ways I'm using TB at the moment, and loss of that
feature would be traumatic.

Also, sending messages is more important and trickier in a multiuser
environment - IMAP isn't much of a problem. Currently we have a single
TB instance running on a server that sends and receives messages, and
the workstation TB instances access the stored data on the server and
then hand off the transmission tasks to the server as well. These
groupware features are what has enabled us to avoid the use of
Exchange Server or some other abomination.

--
-Mark Wieder
 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2