Hi Alexander, Mark and Igor,

Thank you for the replies.

It seems from what has been written that the legacy The Bat!
client/server non tcp/ip functionality for multiple user access has
not specifically been migrated into BatPost!

Rather, the replies suggest a similar functionality can be achieved by
using any mail client and IMAP protocol into any mail server.

In my application, the primary MX mail server for the domain is hosted
in my premises and is available on my LAN, so perhaps I don't need any
additional mail server software, but just need to switch the existing
copies of The Bat! to regular "Workstation with TCP/IP" mode, and
change to IMAP protocol.

Using BatPost! or Mercury/32 would create another layer of redundancy and
another point of failure at the same time.

Am I missing the point somewhere?

Saturday, December 16, 2006, 8:14:28 PM, you wrote:

ASK> TB in client/server mode or any other local mail server does not exactly
ASK> offer the full range of features of an Exchange server, and probably
ASK> does not aim at the same businesses...

I'm not familiar with exchange server. Are the additional features you
refer to to do with email, or other peripheral services like
calendaring and groupware?

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]