Hello tracer,

Saturday, November 06, 1999, 9:15:32 AM, you wrote in response to my
saying:

DH>> I should have explained from the beginning that the idea was to:

DH>> 1).- have a copy of some what I send come back to me...

DH>> 2).- I wanted to filter those messages into into a given folder of one
DH>> or more accounts.

t> You could put a special marker symbol in the sybject, like
t> ## pingpong and filter incoming on ## or whatever you select to goto
t> your copy bin.

Good idea. That would work but would require using an extraneous
symbol that no one else would recognize as useful. It would be a
little distracting.  If I do that, I will put it someplace where it
would be less noticeable, like after the signature.

In Netscape Messenger (which is far from being equal to TB!) you can
never the less specify a file location in which to place a copy of all
sent. Version 2 of TB! could implement something similar at the
account or folder level. (Hi Stefan).

Douglas Hinds

BTW, I am a refugee from a Calypso crash that left 50 MB of my past
email unavailable (Calypso encrypts it's mailboxes and their tech
support has been of little help) and I'm very pleased with TB! The
learning curve's a little steep, but the element of control is high (I
also use EccoPro, so this is acceptable to me - it's the same
principle) and the support more than adequate, particularly since this
groups is so active, well informed and helpful.

The implementation of the multilingual spell checker (I use English
and Spanish) is the best I've seen (it's unobtrusive and lets you
continue working yet lets you know what needs attention) and the
dictionaries are fairly good. It'll download or send mail froim
multiple accounts simultaneously and it's stable, I know of none
better (although *anything* can be improved and the version 2 sounds
like a big step toward reaching perfection - if there was such a
thing).

Those are the impressions of someone who's used TB! a little over a
month, assuming this an appropriate place for such remarks.