Monday, November 08, 1999

Hello Douglas,

Monday, Monday, November 08, 1999, you wrote:

Douglas> Good idea. That would work but would require using an extraneous
Douglas> symbol that no one else would recognize as useful. It would be a
Douglas> little distracting.  If I do that, I will put it someplace where it
Douglas> would be less noticeable, like after the signature.
ofcourse, I just wanted the example to be perfectly clear.

(snip)

Douglas> BTW, I am a refugee from a Calypso crash that left 50 MB of my past
Douglas> email unavailable (Calypso encrypts it's mailboxes and their tech
Douglas> support has been of little help) and I'm very pleased with TB! The
Douglas> learning curve's a little steep, but the element of control is high (I
Douglas> also use EccoPro, so this is acceptable to me - it's the same
Douglas> principle) and the support more than adequate, particularly since this
Douglas> groups is so active, well informed and helpful.

Do you still need access to the data?
I mean I could ask a few people if by any chance there is a decryptor
somewhere....
if yes drop me a line off the group.

Douglas> The implementation of the multilingual spell checker (I use English
Douglas> and Spanish) is the best I've seen (it's unobtrusive and lets you
Douglas> continue working yet lets you know what needs attention) and the
Douglas> dictionaries are fairly good. It'll download or send mail froim
Douglas> multiple accounts simultaneously and it's stable, I know of none
Douglas> better (although *anything* can be improved and the version 2 sounds
Douglas> like a big step toward reaching perfection - if there was such a
Douglas> thing).

I find that my extreemly unstable version has improved dramatically
after I deactivated all stuff starting up with windows, adding them in
one by one and run for a day to test.
Sofar all is added in except pgp6 from the USa version and I am not
really tempted to stick it back in since a system I thought heading
for a clean install is real stable at present.

Douglas> Those are the impressions of someone who's used TB! a little over a
Douglas> month, assuming this an appropriate place for such remarks.

If I didnt think the Bat a good program I wouldnt have paid for it..
I only do that with software I use and which I consider worth the
money. Not much qualifies...
Another one being Agent for my newsreader...

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.37 Beta/1

mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]