On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:42:15 -0600, Travisimo! wrote:

> Ok, I understand that.  So I wouldn't want to sort my messages by the
> Received date because many messages could have the same stamp if I
> download them at once.

I sort my messages by the received time though I leave that column out
of my mail listing. I find that it works more reliably at listing the
messages in the correct order especially for my discussion list mail.
This is because of this very time problem that you're talking about.

Although you may download many messages at once, you still download
them in a particular order which is the order that they end up getting
listed. The original time stamp of the messages are unaffected by this
process.

TF>> What is the time zone of reference for the above times, i.e. in which
TF>> time zone are you located? I can't actually check that, because your
TF>> header on TBUDL comes from Dutaint/Indonesia.

> I am in the Central U.S. time zone, which is 1 hour before Eastern or
> 2 hours after Pacific.  Is there a place in The Bat that I'm suppose
> to enter my time zone?  I know I have selected the correct time zone
> in Win98.  Since I am getting certain messages with the wrong Created
> time, could it be that the sender's computer has the wrong time zone
> setup?  In other words, why would I get a message reply showing a time
> earlier than the one I sent (which is impossible, of course).  How
> does The Bat know how to adjust the time to display it in the Created
> column?

Maybe the second parties time is not set correctly.

--
Ali Martin                     |     Using The Bat! v1.38e
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |     Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)

   [ Fraud(n): A telephone number starting with "1-900" ]
____