Hi Ali,

on Friday, December 17, 1999, 1:05:58 PM GMT+0800, Ali Martin wrote:

>> Ok, I understand that.  So I wouldn't want to sort my messages by the
>> Received date because many messages could have the same stamp if I
>> download them at once.

AM> I sort my messages by the received time though I leave that column out
AM> of my mail listing.

I don't understand how you can sort on a parameter you leave out. Do
you mean you are not sorting them at all, just leave them in the order
they come in?

TF>>> What is the time zone of reference for the above times, i.e. in which
TF>>> time zone are you located? I can't actually check that, because your
TF>>> header on TBUDL comes from Dutaint/Indonesia.

>> I am in the Central U.S. time zone, which is 1 hour before Eastern or
>> 2 hours after Pacific.  Is there a place in The Bat that I'm suppose
>> to enter my time zone?

No; TB uses the Windows settings (at least in Win98).

>> I know I have selected the correct time zone
>> in Win98.  Since I am getting certain messages with the wrong Created
>> time, could it be that the sender's computer has the wrong time zone
>> setup?

This can always be. For example, her time stamp shows PST. I
understand that Compuserve's central computer is in Ohio. Since she is
using the Cserve's SMTP server (csimo01.mx.cs.com, right?), this
should be CST (IMHO).

On the other hand, your time zone should be CST, but you are on EST.
Am I missing something?

>>  In other words, why would I get a message reply showing a time
>> earlier than the one I sent (which is impossible, of course).  How
>> does The Bat know how to adjust the time to display it in the Created
>> column?

AM> Maybe the second parties time is not set correctly.

Either this, or The Bat! time travels. "Communicating with the Unseen"
;-)

Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.38e
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.