On  Thursday, October 12, 2000  at  22:13:33 GMT -0500 (which was 8:13 PM
where I live) witnesses say A . Curtis Martin typed:

>   On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:30:26 -0700, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

JA>> 1. I made my main account and my dummy account both user level accounts.
JA>> 2. When I fire up TB, I get a login box asking for my username.

> I've been, for a long time, wanting to suppress the visibility of one of
> the accounts that I hardly use, and decided to try this stuff myself.

You might consider checking out the /Focus command line parameter.
I'm not sure if you can use it to log into groups.

> Since I easily remembered the story of a new user changing an account to
> user and not being able to logon, I did some reading of the
> documentation.

I guess you missed my post explaining how to get out of that one. :)
TB will not allow you to make all accounts user accounts by either
deletions or otherwise (*from within TB*).  So long as your remember
that account name, you can recover from this testing.  Of course this
was only added in a fairly recent version (1.42 or something?)

> Unfortunately, *again*, the documentation is poor and I
> had to do the usual experimenting (not safe in this particular
> instance).

Actually it is safe *now*, but that's not very comforting for long
time users.

> Anyway, I made the accounts I wanted to see user accounts,
> created a user-group that could use these two accounts and logged back
> on as such. The hardly used account is now the administrator account.

The menus are not as nice in the group mode.  The separators and the
groupings seem to have been omitted.  Cosmetic bug?

> This really shouldn't be the case now should it? This needs to be tidied
> up. The bat icon should animate only when new mail arrives in the user
> account/s and not just any account.

Agreed.

JA>> 7. I checked my quick templates.  I can not access QT's from other
JA>>    accounts despite the "Share with other accounts" option.  This
JA>>    seems like a bug.

> Indeed it seems so, unless the developers think that QT sharing means
> the other account holders can share the quick templates but not edit
> them.

Ok, but as I point out later there should be a way to at least
view them.

JA>> This doesn't make sense.  TB tries hard to hide the other accounts
JA>> from me other places (eg. Filters, QT), but not in the check mail
JA>> list?  Is this consistent behaviour?

> Nope. The user should not have any control over other accounts unless
> explicitly granted. This should include mail checking.

Agreed, and add to that list: sending mail.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.47 Beta/7