On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, 3:11:56 PM, Andy Holt wrote:

> 2. (for ex-Outlook 2000 users)  Being honest, are there any things that
> OL 2000 does that you cannot do in TB!, that you miss?

I moved from Outlook 2002, and I cannot now think of anything that I
miss particularly, apart, maybe, from the ability of Outlook to track
shared documents, etc.  That is a theoretical issue, because in
reality I never used it anyway.  I still use Outlook for my contacts
and diary (I have not got round to finding a suitable replacement that
will work with my Palm), and there is no easy way of synchronising
address book entries, but this is not a major problem.

Some of the things that I can do with TB! out of the box, I had to
spend a lot of money on with Outlook.  For example, I used Email
Templates in Outlook (a costly add-on that cost more than TB!) which
had 1/2 the functionality and 1/4 of the ease of use of TB! templates
and filters.

> - I cannot export folders back to OL .PST files - this makes a migration
> more risky

As others have suggested, don't allow TB to delete mail from the
server.  You can then download it into Outlook as well, just in case
you want to go back.  I did this for a couple of weeks, although I
purchased the full version of TB a day after I downloaded it, because
I knew there was no going back!

> I've also not been massively impressed with stability / quality.  The
> uninstaller doesn't work, for a start, and I've had a few 'crashes'
> (didn't bother recording the details...)  Thoughts on this?

No problems here with crashes, and I haven't had to use the
uninstaller yet!

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v1.62 Christmas Edition on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1