Hi Jonathan,

> Well worth the money in my opinion ;)

I tend to agree with you there.

> It could be that the second list doesn't use a reply-to header. When
> that line is missing in the headers, hitting reply goes back to the
> sender. It could also be possible that Becky is seeing list headers,
> and automatically replying to the list without option. TheBat doesn't
> do that, and follows what it is told to do. There are options to work
> around that, such as templates that will alter the addresses (I'm sure
> others will give better examples than I ever could). Another option is
> to hit the "Reply to all" button instead of just reply, and move the
> addresses around.

That was exactly it. The other list indeed does not use a Reply-To
header.

> TheBat seems to only respond to certain list headers. Certain list
> software puts, in the headers of each mail, details about the list,
> and special options, such as unsubscribe, help and such. I don't think
> TheBat has a handle on all the list software available, or even close
> to it.

The other list is a LISTSERV list. I know they're a pretty common
mailing list outfit, so I was surprised to find out that this
particular one doesn't use the list's address in their Reply-To's.
Maybe I should suggest to them that they do that, and make it easier
on the rest of us.  :)

Thanks for your help!

Kim