Hello Thomas,

Friday, July 4, 2003, 1:06:15 AM, you wrote:

TF> Yes, I have seen one guy recentlywith what looked like a very huge
TF> mobile phone with which he could also do other things. Looked bulky
TF> and uncomfortable to me. Also, I fail to see why someone needs to be
TF> reachable by email while in an airport departure hall. If anything is
TF> urgent, call. There is also SMS, which is so widely used nowadays,
TF> that it has become one of the important sources of income for the GSM
TF> companies. If you really have to see an attached file, I cannot fathom
TF> why it couldn't wait a few hours (short of being a stock-broker).

You probably haven't tried the Treo.  I carry it in my pants' pocket,
and most of the time, I don't even notice I have it with me.  Also the new Treo 600 is
much
slimmer than the current Treo.

It's one device that pretty much does all.  Yes, SMS is nice, but you
can't send a long message though.  The Treo also handles SMS as well.
 When I was in the airport the other day, I wrote a couple of e-mails
 to my colleagues and sent them and checked my e-mails, and deleted most of the ones I
 don't need off the server. I do this when I'm away from office, and this way I don't
have to deal with hundreds of messages when I return to my office.

Most of folks I know who have used one of these devices would not
trade it once they started using it.  Going back to a regular
cell phone to me is unthinkable.

I think we are getting off topic here, and I'll stop here.

 Kenneth                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]