Steve M. Sawczyn, [SMS] wrote:

SMS> #1 I hit ctrl-n to open a new message.

SMS> #2 I click on the little icon next to the to: field which opens up
SMS> the addressbook (the screen reader has special commands which
SMS> enable me to manipulate the mouse pointer to icons).

Yes. This is the best way to select multiple addresses, especially if
the addresses would occupy more than the visible space in the To: field.

SMS> #3 I hit tab until I come to a listing of all addresses in my book.

Yes. I'm assuming now that the focus is in the list of addresses on the
left side.

SMS> #4 As I arrow down the listing, all addresses are getting selected.

Hmmm. This shouldn't be the case. I don't see that here.

Hitting arrow down just changes the address selected down the list.

SMS> I tried hitting space on the specific people I want selected, but
SMS> that didn't seem to do anything.

Hitting space should actually add the address to the field on the right.
The field on the right contains the messages that will be added to the
To: CC: BCC: fields when you hit <enter> to close the Address Picker.

SMS> Also, I see that there is another list, but it's always empty.

Is that the list on the right? That's the list that you need to add the
addresses you wish to send your message to.

SMS> In addition, none of the buttons read with the screen reader, so
SMS> I'm not sure what they are.

Uhh. Sorry to hear that. I think you'd make a valuable member of TBBETA.
Have you thought of joining to give your input?

SMS> Perhaps there's another way to go about addressing a message to
SMS> multiple recipients?

You could try the address auto-complete.

To be sure that this is working, go to the Options menu and select
Preferences. Hit the System tab in the preferences configuration panel.
At the top there's the AutoComplete. You can set it to All Address Books
or History + Address Book.

After creating a new message:

In the To: field, just type the first few characters of the address and
wait for the autocompletion. If the autocompleted address isn't correct,
hit CTRL+= and CTRL+- to toggle the various possibilites. When the
correct one is chosen, hit the right arrow, then type a comma and a
space, then go again with the next address..

I do this for two to three addresses. I don't do it with more since this
method is problematic when adding addresses to the point where the
addresses go beyond the limit of the To: field. The line will not scroll
to the left automatically so you can't tell what's happening.

SMS> Any help greatly appreciated.

I hope this helps.

- --
 -= allie_M =- | List Moderator