Steve M. Sawczyn, [SMS] wrote:

SMS> Not sure as the damn screen reader doesn't tell me if what I'm
SMS> looking at is on the right or left. I'll have someone take a look
SMS> at the monitor and will get back to you on that. For now, let's
SMS> assume you're right.

Ok.

AM>> Hmmm. This shouldn't be the case. I don't see that here.

SMS> Essentially, if I hit my down arrow and then tab to OK, all the
SMS> addresses my arrow passed over get inserted into the to: field.

This would imply that the addresses *are* being selected as your screen
reader says they are since OK does lead to the selected messages being
added to the To list.

The address book picker should also close when you hit OK. Does it?

AM>> Hitting arrow down just changes the address selected down the list.

SMS> Is there somesort of default I may have somehow inadvertently changed?

Not that I can think of. :/ I'm wondering why simply arrowing down the
list would lead to addresses being selected. This could be the result of
unwanted software interaction.

SMS> That box, assuming it's the other one I eventually tab to never gets
SMS> filled in.  From what you're describing though, the address picker
SMS> isn't working the way it's supposed to.

Hmmm. Yes. It would seem that there's a problem with your navigation
system. I've tried to duplicate what you're seeing but can't.

Do you have any macro creating software installed? Do you have any
keyboard macros created?

SMS>>> In addition, none of the buttons read with the screen reader, so
SMS>>> I'm not sure what they are.

The buttons that are on the divider between the address list on the left
and the list of addresses to be placed in the To field on the right, are
controls to do what you wish to do, i.e., to add addresses to the To
list or remove them, add all addresses or remove all addresses. By the
way, the list on the right is tabbed. The one in focus by default is the
To list. But there are also tabs there for CC and BCC. Are you able to
'see' those?

SMS> I'd love to join, but have no idea how.

You could join by sending a message using this URL:

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

SMS> I've also heard mention of a wish list, but don't know how to
SMS> contribute to that either.

You could do that through bugtraq. It's used mainly for bug reporting
but there's a place there for posting wishes.

https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/

SMS> I purchased the bat on Monday and received my registration info
SMS> today. I'm not sure if, with this info, I am now able to contribute
SMS> to the wish list?

Of course you can. :) You'd make an important resource too, especially
if you have the time. You could be the one to help the developers make
the program more friendly to its blind users.

AM>> You could try the address auto-complete.

SMS> That seems to work, however, when I hit , 'comma' and then begin
SMS> typing the next address, the first reverts back to the portion I had
SMS> typed.  I'm probably doing this wrong, so will go back and check.

After the first successful auto-completion, hit right arrow to deselect
the auto-completed portion of the address.. Only then, do you hit the
comma and space.

AM>> I do this for two to three addresses. I don't do it with more since this
AM>> method is problematic when adding addresses to the point where the
AM>> addresses go beyond the limit of the To: field. The line will not scroll
AM>> to the left automatically so you can't tell what's happening.

SMS> I wonder if that's being addressed in the beta?  I could definitely
SMS> see where that would be problematic.

Unfortunately the problem is still there in the current beta.

- --
 -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
_