David Boggon, [DB] wrote:

DB> Having said all this, if it really is an issue of principle, I
DB> applaude TB! for not selling out. The purist attitude to me does
DB> seem a little groupy, though ... and I wonder how sustainable it is
DB> in reality.

The direction of conventions/standards as these are largely based on
user demands. This is why, despite all the problems, HTML mail is here.

I'm not really against rich text formatting.

HTML is just not the way to go about it. It causes problems and it's not
efficient.

--
 -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
PGPKeys: http://www.ac-martin.com/pgpkeys.html