Hello Marck,

MDP> HTML was *never* developed or intended for use as a formatting
MDP> system for email. It is a presentation system for served pages,
MDP> intended for transmission with the HyperText Transfer Protocol
MDP> (HTTP, yes?). Mail is simple text intended for transmission with the
MDP> Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP, yes?). The fusion of the two
MDP> has led to over-use of bandwidth, bad taste and imposition on the
MDP> recipient, whose choice it *should* be!

You're turning things around here. With all communications, the
presentation and formatting lies with the originator. This is true for
newspapers, slide show presentations, snail mail letters, email, etc..

With the introduction of HTML, the contents and its presentation
were separated and it became possible for the recipient to
have control over the presentation. The use of tags like <body>, <h1>,
<h2> leave it completely open on how to display the text.

So, I would agree with the bandwidth issue but if you want recipient
choice, then HTML is the better way. Concerning bad taste, people can
write horribly in plain ASCII too.

Frank

 FJ de Bruin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>