Hello Douglas,

On 13 Jul 2004 at 12:18:35 -0500 GMT [19:18 CEST] you wrote:

DH> The question is, how are the virtual folders implemented? It sounds
DH> like messages from several accounts can be viewed in the same
DH> window, al la Calypso (which has an "account" column).

They are folders that contain links to messages. The messages aren't
really in there but you can manipulate them as if they were.

DH> The question is, how are the messages to be included selected?

Two ways. Using the search tool you can save a search as a vf. Or you
can create vf and then define a filter for it.

DH>  In
DH> spite of what some TB! users (including a moderator friend) declare,
DH> there is no way to filter them accurately, IMO. I'd have to do it
DH> message by message, because: 1).- I have no way of anticipating the
DH> content or nature of some of the mail I am sent and therefore; 2).-
DH> My decisions are made on the fly, depending on what I find.

DH> Since I depend heavily on the Message Dispatcher, I'd prefer to
DH> select any mail I want put in the virtual window from there (just as
DH> I'd like to be able to flag and / or color mail from within the
DH> Message Dispatcher).

You can create virtual folders that look for flagged messages or parked
ones or those that belong to a certain colour group. The moment you mark
them they will appear in the vf.

The only thing I use virtual folders for is mails I want to reply to. I
just flag them when I think I want to do that.

--
Cheers,
 Andre

 :andre: