On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:39:23 GMT,  wrote:

> This however looks ugly in the days of proportional fonts. Thus
one
> space is recommended in that situation.

Some people differ on those conclusions.  While I'm all in favor
of attractive type, the two-spaces-after-a-period approach has
more than just formality on its side.  Type is easier to read
quickly, and it's easier to read aloud if necessary, when
sentences are subtly separated by that extra space.  In any event,
however, since in nearly all settings the two-space rule remains
in effect, TB!'s spacing looks odd to recipients and is impossible
to cut and paste without modifications.

--
JN