Tony, [T] wrote:

> I never claimed diffrently. I even think a good UI takes a *lot* of
> development time. And is *very* important. But UI is more then
> icons.

Sure, and this is why I keep saying 'user interface *appearance*'. The
user interface as a whole is an entirely different thing to talk
about.

>>> And even if RitLabs hired 100 graphics artists TB! will never be
>>> main stream. It's targeted at a different market than Outlook. A
>>> market with people that are prepared to invest more time in an
>>> application. And I could be very wrong here but I think that kind of
>>> people are the ones that complain the most about bloatware.

>> Yes. You could be wrong, and I do believe you're wrong on this
>> unfounded assumption.
> On what statement?

The entire paragraph which seems to outline Ritlab's intended market
segment.

> No I have no written proof about that statement. But you haven't
> either.

This is why I usually make no claims in that regard. You made the
claim, so the burden of proof is on you.  The #1 perfectly rational
reason for one not understanding why Ritlabs would waste time on
feature X is that one isn't aware of the needs of the userbase Ritlabs
currently serves or targets. Of course, close behind that #1 would be
the more popular #2 which is that Ritlabs don't know what they're
doing.

> Agreed a icon with a different color doesn't make a program more buggy.
> But I can fully understand that users that have real problems with a
> certain bug rather would see RitLabs spend the X hours/$ they spend on
> the icons was spend on debugging.

Yes, I know the feeling. I've felt it before, but not with icons. I've
felt it watching other major new features being added, while I suffer
at a fundamental level with IMAP.

>> Accusing me of making your mail out to be hate mail is a bit over the
>> top too.

> I actually defended RitLabs in my original post. And in later posts
> including this one. But focusing on the icons makes it sound like
> hate mail.

It was not my intention to do that.

--
-= Allie =-
The Bat!™ v3.0 · Windows XP Pro (Service Pack 2)

..... The calm confidence of a Christian with four Aces. - M.Twain