Some time around 09/04/2004 12:07:27, I think I heard Allie Martin say:
> I disagree here. I'm saying that bugs are in TB!, many are frustrated
> with their bugs not being fixed, and many quite unreasonably cast a
> lot of blame/attention/emphasis on the changes being made to the
> user-interface appearance as being the reason for this. I've outlined
> a lot bigger development efforts/enhancements that are occurring
> concurrently. Overwhelming reasonably bugfree development with the
> simultaneous introduction of all these new components seems like the
> bigger problem here. Simultaneous introduction of features quite
> likely borne of a strong desire to please customers.

Allie:

        I believe you are missing the point.  Its not that it is such a large
programming effort to change the UI of the application and that those efforts could be
diverted to debugging the application.  The point is that focusing on the UI, however
minor the modifications introduced, while there is a horde of outstanding, well
documented bugs, shows an attitude that some of us think is very wrong; a lack of
interest in prioritizing what should be most important.

        This is what Tony, me and many others complain about.  Its not the icons --
and discussing whether having new and pretty icons is a good idea or not is petty, to
say the least -- its the shift in development focus, or the lack thereof.

        I hope this clears things up better.

        -dZ.