Hello MFPA,

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:20:56 +0000 GMT (20/Mar/09, 3:20 +0700 GMT),
MFPA wrote:

>> Actually, I was taught that whenever sending a message to multiple
>> recipients who may or may not know each other, it is considered
>> prudent NOT to include everyone in the TO field.

M> Not just prudent - under certain circumstances, sharing personal
M> data in this way without the permission of the data subject would
M> be unlawful, as well as bad manners.

Well, laws are different in different countries. It would certainly
not be unlawful over here. Unfortunately, it is not even considered
bad manners over here, because cultures are different as well. Call me
Don Quijote, these are my windmills.

>>  [...]

>> In a non-business environment, my understanding of the
>> accepted method is to address the message to YOURSELF
>> and place everyone else's address in the BCC (blind
>> carbon copy) field. That way, each recipient sees the
>> message addressed to them and the other addresses are
>> not visible.

M> Or to a disposable address used for the purpose...

You cannot use a disposal email address in busines. If you want to do
any.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.