Hello Jack,

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:41:42 -0500 GMT (21/Mar/09, 3:41 +0700 GMT),
Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

TF>> Yes, absolutely. I have been angered many times by people CC'ing me in
TF>> to a "funny" mail to a hundred people I don't know.

JSL> As have I. Most annoying.

I think everybody has this experience.

JSL>>> In which case, a trigger alerting the sender of multiple
JSL>>> addresses in the TO field might be appreciated.

TF>> And the CC field. And the warning will be ignored. I guarantee you
TF>> that people who put multiple addresses in TO or CC fields don;t even
TF>> think for a moment what they do, and they will click the warning away
TF>> without even reading it.

JSL> Probably. But since most (some?, a few?) of us agree in this matter, a
JSL> tickle in the ear of RIT Labs might be in order.

No, I was being sarcastic. I agree with Jernej that the warning would
be useless.

JSL>>> Personally, if person "A" asks me for the email address of person
JSL>>> "B", I never give it out without asking person "B" if it's ok to
JSL>>> do so. I wish only that TB made sure I adhered to this rule when
JSL>>> sending to multiple addresses.

TF>> TB! cannot do that, only education can.

JSL> TB! cannot do that YET. Perhaps in a future version?

I think the developers have better things to do. A reconsideration of
the filtering system would be my favourite. Others have other pet
peeves, some even want them to fix bugs!

Maybe they'll surprise us and make TB! work with EU regulation
signature cards, like Outlook does. So people in those countries that
already allow it, can use TB! do send their tax return forms. Now,
that would be something!

--

Cheers,
Thomas.