Hi

On Thursday 19 March 2009 at 3:34:36 PM, in
<mid:0507531.20090319103...@charter.net>, Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

> Actually, I was taught that whenever sending a message
> to multiple recipients who may or may not know each
> other, it is considered prudent NOT to include everyone
> in the TO field.

Not just prudent - under certain circumstances, sharing personal data
in this way without the permission of the data subject would be
unlawful, as well as bad manners.

>  [...]

> In a non-business environment, my understanding of the
> accepted method is to address the message to YOURSELF
> and place everyone else's address in the BCC (blind
> carbon copy) field. That way, each recipient sees the
> message addressed to them and the other addresses are
> not visible.

Or to a disposable address used for the purpose...

MFPA

Don't ask me, I'm making this up as I go!

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600