Hello TheLimit,

On Monday, October 25, 2010, 9:57:08 PM, TheLimit wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. If any of my answers give you
> reason to think I can give the thing a swift kick, I'd
> appreciate knowing what boots to wear :-)

> I'm beginning to think that not many Batters are using
> IMAP, and maybe more to the point, the reason for it :-/

I have Thunderbird installed for just such occasions. My preferred
client is The Bat, but since it is IMAP, I can use any client to get the
messages and Thunderbird is a good way of testing whether the problem
is server or client related.

The things that cause problems for me are accounts with lots of
folders or lots of accounts to check at the same time, particularly
when there are messages waiting in several of them. One large email
can hold up everything else and I wonder whether the connections
timeout and hang. You could play around with some of the settings in
Properties|Mail Management|IMAP Fine Tune at account level and see
whether that makes a difference.

There is a new version of IMAP for The Bat in the works, and hopefully
this will address some of the current issues.

--
   Julian

   Using The Bat! v4.2.23 on Windows 7 6.1 Build 7600