From: swrcav...@googlegroups.com <swrcav...@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Pete
Lindsley
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 11:12 PM
To: Logan McNatt <lmcn...@austin.rr.com>
Cc: Texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>; Orion Knox
<orion_k...@alumni.utexas.net>; Carl & Glenda Kunath
<carl.kun...@suddenlink.net>; James Reddell <jreddell.ca...@austin.utexas.edu>;
James Jasek <caver...@hot.rr.com>; Bob "Rune" Burnett
<bburne...@austin.rr.com>; N E W L I S T Southwestern Cavers of the National
Speleological Society <swrcav...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [SWR CAVERS] Re: Brass Brunton Pocket Transit

Logan, I bought a Brass Brunton several years ago off eBay, and the seller
claimed it was an authentic antique. NOT! It is a lower precision “look alike”,
made in India along with similar artsy transits and the like. As I recall,
comparing it to the other 3-4 “real” Bruntons I have, I noted around 30
differences with an authentic Brunton. Nice to look at, but not a precision
instrument. It took about a month to get my money back (~$30-40).

 - Pete

On Jul 21, 2019, at 11:00 PM, Logan