On Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 8:11:51 PM UTC-8, Eric Shulman wrote:

> *REAL adults... evaluate the cost/benefit relationship to their
> objectives, and adopt whatever tech makes sense to meet their goals.*

No, they don't. Especially without an introducer. Life is short. People
faced with dozens of choices will pick the name off the list that seems to
be serious. They will skip the one that sounds like a child's toy, because
that's probably just some 13 year old's class project.

.

> Mark... I appreciate your concerns... but -- with the utmost respect -- I
> think you've gotten into a "can't see the forest for the trees" mindset
> about changing the name as a panacea for the real issues.

I never said it was a panacea. It's removal of a major impediment to
wide-scale adoption. People can work on the "real issues" whenever they
want.

I can see the forest just fine.