If I set the download directory to C:\, then I can set the backup directory
to /users/mark/temp/twbackups ... the file is saved and the backup works!

But if I set the download directory to D:\, and I set the backup directory
to /temp/twbackups ... the file is saved, but the backup appears in a
sub-directory of the target file, ignoring the specified backup path. This
may be related to D: being a network drive, EXCEPT for the next weird thing.

If I set the download directory to D:\, and I set the backup directory to
../../temp/twbackups ... the file is saved, AND the backup appears in the
designated directory. So, if it was a permissions thing, I wouldn't expect
that to work at all. The problem is, giving a path like ../../twbackups
will save to the wrong place as soon as I go down one more directory level.

My thought was that it would be possible to have one window set up to save
using the C: directory, and another windows (FF profile) set up to work
with the D: directory. But the backup for the D: directory is uncooperative.

Thanks!