On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 4:27:22 AM UTC+1, Mark S. wrote:

> If I set the download directory to C:\, then I can set the backup
> directory to /users/mark/temp/twbackups ... the file is saved and the
> backup works!
>
> But if I set the download directory to D:\, and I set the backup directory
> to /temp/twbackups ... the file is saved, but the backup appears in a
> sub-directory of the target file, ignoring the specified backup path. This
> may be related to D: being a network drive, EXCEPT for the next weird thing.

That's an interesting setup, I didn't think of and therefore didn't test
it. ... So I will have to have a closer look, what's going on.

If I set the download directory to D:\, and I set the backup directory to
> ../../temp/twbackups ... the file is saved, AND the backup appears in the
> designated directory.

Can you hit the F12 key and open the dev-console and view the Console tab.
There's probably the error message form the last post.

> So, if it was a permissions thing, I wouldn't expect that to work at all.
> The problem is, giving a path like ../../twbackups will save to the wrong
> place as soon as I go down one more directory level.

Yea, that's expected, since the ../../xx goes up 2 levels. But there may be
only 1 level left. So may be an error state.

> My thought was that it would be possible to have one window set up to save
> using the C: directory, and another windows (FF profile) set up to work
> with the D: directory. But the backup for the D: directory is uncooperative.

I'll have to test this. ... Is D:\ a windows network directory, or is it a
"samba mount" to a unix-like system.

> Thanks!

Thx for the feedback! ... I think we have gone past our "communication and
naming problems" ;)

-mario