On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 10:07:53 PM UTC+1, Mark S. wrote:

> I wasn't talking about the original source file. I was talking about the
> files in twbackups. I want them to save somewhere else. I don't want them
> to save in the original files' directory or sub-directory because that will
> cause more maintenance headaches.

OK I see.

> For instance, tiddlydesktop has a backup, and I just set it to send the
> backups to a directory on a drive that has lots of free space. I don't have
> to worry about remembering to delete the backup set before doing a physical
> backup.

Yea, TD creates an unlimited number of files. file-backups creates the
number of files you allow it, to create (PLUS 1 for the "out of order"
save). So the size should be deterministic.

------

I was thinking about the possibility to create something like a "Snapshot
Save". Which will do a similar thing as the "out of order" backup, but with
the possibility to configure a "snapshot-name". ... like: myWiki-(Version
1) ... where "Version 1" is the snapshot name and can be anything.

Following our discussion, I think there should be a different directory
setting for the snapshots. Defaulting to twSnapshots

-mario