Gloom,

The two  quotes from Texas ...

*"people round here live from paycheck to paycheck"*

*"Most people I know won't get tested because they can't afford treatment."*

Seems likely.

Since USA has NO universal healthcare commitment.

A person ill would have NO idea of Liberals wishes you may have.
There is as yet no Federal commitment to universal care.

TT