@TT
*"Most people I know won't get tested because they can't afford treatment."*

I believe your friend is misinformed.  You test positive, they send you
home unless you require hosipitalization for serious symptoms.  There's no
treatment.  When they do have something and the government is footng the
bill, they will cover it cause most of the state governments want this over
ASAP (like NYC is doing with the malaria drug test if I'm understanding
correctly).  Despite what Trump may say, the state governments can oppose
him and they're actually running the show not the Federal Government.

As Mark said about Texas being a red state-- the rural areas which Vidor is
in are stauntly conservative.