@Edgaras don't be discouraged. There is merit in your suggestions and
requirements, even if they differ from those of others. I think you have
done well by sidelining the requirement for a better editor for now. Not
because it is not important, but rather because it is a large and
challenging undertaking and at this point will probably prevent from
getting the ball rolling for now.

I would also recommend that we reframe this conversation not as a redesign
of Tiddlywiki, but as creating an alternative UI on top of TiddlyWiki that
emphasizes certain features (i.e. a vertical edition as we call it). Yes,
certain features and abilities will get underplayed in favour of more
affordances for others, and that is OK for now since we are not replacing
the UI in the standard distribution.

Later, learnings and experiences from this process can be fed back into
improving the default UI as well. In other words, an incremental approach,
using real world usage data and user studies to make improvements and
changes.

I think identifying the key requirements for this edition and purposefully
limiting work to those features at first, is the best way to initiate
progress,

Hope this helps,
Saq