Thanks Joshua and for the extra bit about the message.

After using your suggestion for the filtering syntax, I actually like the
idea of keeping everything bundled as a plugin - what I've imported is 19
years' worth of diary entries, so I'm not going to edit them anyway and I
like the warning message which pops up if I attempt to (but it's good to
know I can unpack them if needed). After opening, they also don't appear in
the recent tab which also suits me by keeping that free.

Just as an aside, I noticed that I wasn't able to drag and drop the diary
plugin into another wiki - nothing is imported.

Thanks again.
Jon