Thanks for the thoughtful replies everyone! I'm definitely in agreement
with all that has been said.

@walt Not at all!

>>> i think what we want in a note-taking system is not to *replicate* the
human brain, but rather to *Augment* our intelligence.

Yes I often think about this. Many tools claim to 'mimic the way humans
think' or something, but its not obvious to me that this is necessarily. We
should seek to understand how we think of course, but so that we can build
tools that *interact* with our minds, not imitate them. For example, we
didn't improve our ability to travel quickly over long distances by
mimicking bipedalism.