That's an important point @TT about the WHY of "Luhmann's Rule," i would
say, regarding immutability of the index field.
In the world of hard-copy artifacts he was designing, this makes perfect
sense... And also on the WWW, still today, where the problem of link-rot is
a serious PITA.

BUT in the domain of a standalone TW instance with the Relink plugin -e.g.
my own desktop Digital Garden- that rule becomes a serious impediment to
the kind of refactoring that is wanted.

OTOH: In case of a public TW instance, where you want to encourage content
sharing & reuse via permalinks, this is where one might do well to apply
Luhmann's Rule.
Still: i find it hard to forbear from changing names to reflect changes in
my thinking and/or popular usage.  A constant struggle!

/walt