Charlie.

Perhaps it does not make you lazy, but if for example you use Bombay, then
realise its no longer called that, just renaming to Mumbai, Knowing relink
updates it everywhere is lazy. Bombay is lost to your wiki.

Renaming it then adding a tiddler for Bombay with a connection to Mumbai
and even better if you say this occurred in a particular year, then your
wiki gains rather than looses information. In this case I am not saying
don't rename, that is your prerogative, I am saying be thoughtful when
doing so, and sometime the value is not the easiest thing.

For example when I write macros and other solutions I already have a set of
standard names based on experience and as a result they just never happen
to need renaming. I am not hemmed in in any way with my naming standards,
in fact I feel I have more freedom in many ways to move on knowing I can
find anything I need again from "first principals" my standards again, and
I have more times to name where I want. A macro name needs to be
remembered, where was it defined, what are it parameters?

I have the desire for the same freedom and flexibility as you, but I also
am aware of how forethought and systematic understanding is how we can
stand on the "shoulders of Giants" or advance our own ideas. The gentle
application of constraints (a recent fashion)  promotes discovery and
creativity as much as seeking "total freedom from constraints" also can.

After all, we are all but struggling against entropy.

Tones