Hi Andreas,

I can't seem to find how to actually edit an entry

The usual edit/close/more buttons are still there, they are just
transparent untill you hover over the usual place in which they are housed.
You can go to Control Panel > Appearance > Moments to change this setting
to keep all buttons opaque or just the close button opaque.

 The "featured post" section might be useful on websites, within a wiki I
> could imagine that one could put something more useful there, i.e. tools or
> at least the contents of the "featured" entry, so that one could build
> something into there.

Yeah, it could be. However this was an attempt to create a blog out of
TW5.  It is a theme intended for the public face of your TW5. With its easy
static site generator and easier templating, TW5 could stand its ground
against Hugo or Pelican.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/32cf4b2c-be17-4e40-8c46-59834cb09052%40googlegroups.com.