Thanks Jeremy. It's a good idea to expain *reason* in messages. "As a
result of an error, you need to restart Tiddlywiki to protect your data"
would be more communicatively effective. Or if you feel "need to" is too
coercive "should" conveys the notion of recommendation nicely. If you are
uncomfortable addressing the user directly, then "Tiddlywiki should be
restarted to protect its/your data" may suit. I prefer the more direct
approach.

As i've noted elsewhere "This is embarrassing" is not useful. You have no
need to be embarrassed on my behalf - or indeed, your own, in the rare
event that the error originates in TW core.

The problem with being half clever (me) is that you make a lot of bad
guesses. Sorry you have to suffer for them. The information "Node was not
found" is really not useful to the casual user, so there's no value in
presenting it. The user who can make use of it will easily find it in the
console. (I would probably have been asking about it anyway, despite that)

Cheers.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e39c7db4-238b-42ec-87bd-ca56b21f65e4%40googlegroups.com.