On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 1:45:53 PM UTC+1, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> The impact on me when I was first using TW of Red Messages: they got me in
> a hot sweat. Till I realised they are rarely fatal. My single biggest issue
> has never been them. Its been browser crashes corrupting the TW file.

That's the problem. We actually don't know, if the system is in a "fatal
state". ... but it could be.

.... So opening the file explorer and create a backup, before the next save
may be the best choice. ... I'll probably include this advice.

> To be honest its the *AESTHETICS of the warnings* as much as anything
> that scared me, and likely for others who have no clear idea what is
> happening.

OK. It should be scary!

> TBH, I'd rather have a message like ...
>
>     *  DON'T PANIC.*

Good advice!

> *There is a problem but it is likely not a disaster, just a small glitch.*

We really cant promise that. .. The internal state, may be broken and the
next save may hurt. Especially if users try out 3rd party software. ..

> *      To be safe, please close the window this TW is in and reopen it.*

That's exactly, what should be done.

> *     NOTA BENE: Please make sure that you always regularly backup your
> TiddlyWiki       because failures do happen & it would be a great shame if
> you lost your work.*

I like that. Backups are always good.

------------------

So the right thing to do is:

      DON'T PANIC. There is a problem but it is likely not a disaster.

   - Please open your file explorer and create a backup of your TW file.
   - *Don't save, create the backup .. Now!*
   - After you did the backup, you can save this wiki.
   - *To avoid data loss, please close and reopen the TiddlyWiki.*
   - Check the content.

      NOTA BENE: Please make sure that you regularly backup your data,
      because failures do happen & it would be a great shame if you lost
your work.

what do you think. ... To complicated?

-m

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b9406e8c-cb26-4665-9abf-1f4d750a9020%40googlegroups.com.