That's my experience too. I've never seen it when it wasn't my fault.
That's why I feel the apology is awkward, because mainly it will be the
user at fault. The communication is well-intentioned, but it doesn't match
the pragmatics of the situation. That kind of mismatch is what I was
looking to avoid. But look, I don't want to waste your time on it. As a
final compromise/suggestion, how about "Sorry, but this might be serious.
To protect your data..." But I will absolutely be happy with your final
call. Otherwise this kind of discussion can go on for years!

Thanks for taking the time over this.

Andrew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f0a41dc0-2218-437c-aef2-9eaf56fab31d%40googlegroups.com.