Re request #2, use the following macro. Put it in a tiddler tagged
$:/tags/Macro.

Then put <<editnsave myfield>> anywhere in the tiddler that you want to
edit the field. This will create an edit field and a reset button. Use the
* button the first time you use the field to synch it with the current
values. Edit in the field. Press Save when you're done.

HTH
Mark

\define editnsave(field)
<$vars tid="$:/temp/$(currentTiddler)$" fld=
"$:/temp/$(currentTiddler)$!!$field$" fldx=
"{{$:/temp/$(currentTiddler)$!!$field$}}" >

$field$: <$edit tiddler=<<tid>> field="$field$"/>
<$button>*<$wikify name=val text="{{!!$field$}}"><$action-setfield  $tiddler
=<<tid>> $field="$field$" $value=<<val>> /></$wikify>
</$button>
<$button>Save<$wikify name=val text="<<fldx>>"><$action-setfield
 $field="$field$" $value=<<val>> /></$wikify>
</$button>

</$vars>
\end

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/58c6cebc-7afe-4f5d-b764-13aa2abf9574%40googlegroups.com.