Ciao Thomas & PMario

Thomas Elmiger wrote:... my attempt to document bundles:
> 1) I create a comments tiddler per bundle using a naming convention, e.g.:
> bundlename.bundle.info
> 2) I implemented a view template that integrates additional info in bundle
> tiddlers:
> https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2F_telmiger%2Ftemplates%2Fbundles

*THE UPSIDE...*

Thomas, I been playing a bit with it. I can see how it could be handy for
some use cases having a wrapper with the export button to hand. For
instance ...

   - When an Application author has a "package" that consists of several
   plugins and maybe other components too. Your ToDoNow app is a great example
   of that has quite a number of pieces. Its neater to have them all in ONE
   bundle. So the "wrapper" is a note on the contents and a link that makes it
   easier to install.
   - For stuff in bulk all of the same type. For instance, for a library of
   SVG Tiddlers where you may want a note saying "25 SVGs derived from
   FontAwesome ... Note on licence".

*LIMITS*

   - I don't think it would help much if you have complex mix of contents
   in the Bundle because the notes you would end up putting in the wrapper
   would end up duplicating what would be better done directly in the Bundle
   (an issue PMario is thinking on how to do without throwing the "count
   off"). Here's an example from my own use of a Bundle  I maintain for TW
   that post to Twitter that illustrates that point ...

bundle.twitter

[[--- Prepare a new Tweet ---]]
$:/core/ui/Buttons/new-tweet
$:/core/images/twitter-plus
$:/config/NewTweet/Title
$:/config/NewTweet/Text
$:/config/NewTweet/Tags
$:/language/Buttons/NewTweet/Hint
$:/language/Buttons/NewTweet/Caption

[[--- Riz's macros for Tweeting whole Tiddlers ---]]
[[--- SIMPLYFY, THEN ADD ---]]

[[--- Telmiger's macros for Tweeting sections of Tiddlers ---]]
[[ADD IT]]

[[--- Telmiger's editor plugin for character counts ---]]
$:/plugins/telmiger/EditorCounter

[[--- TiddlyWiki official timelines plugin for Twitter ---]]
$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/twitter

[[--- Button layouts for Twitter posting ---]]
$:/tags/PageControls
$:/tags/ViewToolbar
$:/tags/EditToolbar

Tchüss