I use AutoHotKey with a small script to make my non-ascii characters. So I
don't need to pick them off a form. For instance, I type Cx for Ĉ, u"" for
ü,  n'' for ñ . Of course that doesn't help on devices, but there are many
keyboard options on devices.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1459ae51-9aea-407e-906a-b17dbd4b32e3%40googlegroups.com.