BTC

Just by way of background here are some NOTES ON FONTS. They don't change
anything you are doing. But I thought you might find it useful ...

Being able to render some languages so you don't get "tofu" like ...

... you need to add the font needed.

To know what extra fonts are needed I will make a *table of the default
fonts in TW* to see what they cover.

*WebFonts* that Google has been advancing are a good solution. In
particular the *NOTO font-family (link)* <https://www.google.com/get/noto/>
that is aiming to cover the full Unicode in a way with consistent style.
They also have OTF font file versions that can be downloaded for offline
use.

Its not currently possible to have a single fully complete all-Unicode
font. Unicode runs to thousands upon thousands of characters. Font file
architecture is limited to thousands.

*The design issue* would be to provide access to the font needed for a
specific keyboard layout not supported by the standard fonts in TW.

In Tiddlywiki one can add online fonts easily. A method is described here:
https://ibnishak.github.io/Tesseract/UI/index.html#How%20to%20use%20google%20fonts%20in%20TW5.

Its involves (1) a link to the font in the header (2) addition of the font
to the stylesheet.

Some keyboard designs will need fonts adding, one way or another. Its
fairly easy if a webfont exists for it. Most keyboard characters ARE
covered for most languages in one webfont of another.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/671aed5f-917d-4d34-8e71-6f5706e9c13e%40googlegroups.com.