This discussion is really interesting!

One thing is more clear to me, from the excellent, relevant, replies, is
how discussion of "Markup" quickly invokes multiple issues: amongst others,
conversion, compliance standards, nice styling & working-practices.

I'm thinking about how to restate some of the issues I was trying to make
originally a bit more clearly so I can answer some of the points raised in
a way that is helpful. The fact its quite difficult to articulate them is,
I think, part of the issue too. "Markup" ideas, I think, can be a
conceptual trap that is limiting.

ONE thing that I don't see explicitly in the replies, apart from PMario's,
a grasp of the fundamental open (unique?) structure of TW parsing. FWIW, I
wouldn't have written those posts without that looming in my mind.

Best wishes

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit