On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 12:45:02 AM UTC+1, Jed Carty wrote:

> That is everything working. All the things failing is just it saying that
> the default wiki doesn't exist yet so it creates one. I should change what
> all the messages say to something less dire sounding. The next time you
> start it it should find all the configuration files and it will say it is

OK, so I shut down the tab and the nodejs window and restarted. Now I get:

NodeSettings - Failed to load settings file.
NodeSettings - Parsed raw settings.
NodeSettings - Failed to load settings file.
NodeSettings - Parsed raw settings.
ws-server - Failed to load settings file.
Websockets listening on  8081
Serving on 127.0.0.1:8080
(press ctrl-C to exit)
 syncer-server-WebsocketAdaptor: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/StoryList
new connection

Maybe the failures is because I have not made any settings... and therefore
don't have a settings file?

Some further notes:

For someone not used to nodejs it would be nice to read somewhere that the
nodejs window (or whatever it is called) is supposed to be opened when
running the file... and if it should (i.e must) remain open while using the
wiki.

In the Hello tiddler, there are instructions to set the host to 0.0.0.0
...but further down there seem to be a button that would do this
automatically if clicked. If the button in deed does this, I suggest it is
moved to earlier in the text and have the hands-on description mentioned
only as a link to as a separate tiddler.

The wiki server ip address and port seen - are they specific for my
computer and lan? I.e do other people have different numbers there?

...and does knowing those digits enable me to access the wiki from other
computers on other networks? (assuming my computer is on... and, I guess,
is running the TW). Or what would be required for this to work?

If some of my questions are FAQ then it might be useful to answer them in
the docs rather than here.

Thanks Jed!!!

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/96265023-dd31-40b0-82cc-3eed8345c3b1%40googlegroups.com.