Riz wrote:

> Let us consider the possibilities.
>
> If we are looking for a solution external to browser, there is a couple of
> issues.
>
> First, TW5 does not store the save path anywhere in its body and rightly
> so. This means there is no way for any solution to know where to move the
> latest TW5 file to. So it comes down to the user to tell the saving program
> where to save the wiki. Best case scenario, user has to create a settings
> file outlining which html file to move where. User has to do this for every
> wiki he ever uses and will have to edit it everytime he moves wiki or
>  renames it.

You are right.

But I think the issue here is whether the chance of dysfunctional dead-end
is any worse than normal?

More importantly, power shell or bash cannot be the language of choice for
> this because that would mean separate scripts for  different platforms,

Are you sure? What I mean is: we ARE on different platforms already.

> Oh did I mention user also have to remember to start up the program every
> time he launches the wiki.

I'm not sure this would Now be anymore of a problem than it is already?
What makes it different here already?

> Consider someone who uses Dropbox folder to sync his TW5s. One day he
> forgot to start up the saver script as he had a lot in mind. He reaches
> office only to realise that all his edits from home exist only in the
> download folder of his home PC. Boy! would he ditch such a solution  a
> fast.

I love Mr Dropbox. This issue I think I agree with.

> For what it is worth, there is an existing solution resolving atleast some
> of the issues I mentioned above  and that is Tiddlyserver. In tiddlyserver

I'm sure that is true. But it over complicates the issue.

Maybe I did not make clear enough. Single Wiki. Whatever Browser. Enabled
auto-restore on save.

Seems reasonable?

Best wishes
Josiah