I just created a pull request (#3116) which will fix the issue.

Please use at your own discretion…

with my example above the output will be:

test <https://tiddlywiki.com/#test>
New Tiddler <https://tiddlywiki.com/#New%20Tiddler>
------------------------------
test <https://tiddlywiki.com/#test>
New Tiddler <https://tiddlywiki.com/#New%20Tiddler>
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#New%20Tiddler>
------------------------------
New Tiddler <https://tiddlywiki.com/#New%20Tiddler>

So if each[] is used, the "title" field is not accessed and thus
non-existing tiddlers can be used. With each[title], the title field has to
exist.

I did this by not letting the parameter default to "title". Additionally
the condition "if (tiddler)", which discards every non-existing tiddler, is
changed to "if (tiddler || field === "")".

I hope this won't break anything in the core.

As I said: My understanding is that non-existing tiddlers have an
"inherited" title-field. It seems this understanding isn't shared by
everyone…

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/221a82fd-75e4-424f-aad7-cf0fa1bcae4f%40googlegroups.com.