On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 10:32:23 AM UTC+1, Stephan Hradek wrote:

> Anyhow: To resolve this I propose:
> a) Amend the documentation for each (and maybe others) so that people know
> that non-existing tiddlers will be dropped

IMO you could create a PR for this one!

> b) Create a new filter "uniq" (named after the UNIX command) which will do
> the same as each, except that it will handle non existing tiddlers as well

I'm not really happy with that name: uniq. IMO uniq has a completely
different meaning <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniq>. It removes existing
duplicates. ... I think tw each operator already does this!

For me the each-operator is similar to the js-function forEach. eg: ["a",
"b", "c"].forEach() ...

So my proposal would be a new operator named: foreach

It's similar enough, to be found by users and it's different enough, to
ask:    What's the difference between "each" and "foreach", to read the docs

foreach takes every input given, without the requirement to be an existing
tiddler.

c) I'm happy to do b) ;)

I'd be happy to test it.

just my 2 cents