Am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2018 09:03:39 UTC+1 schrieb Jeremy Ruston:

> Hi Stephan
>
> I'll respond to the GitHub PRs, but wanted to give a bit of context here.
>
> The trouble we have now is, as ever, backwards compatibility. We've got
> nearly a decade of wikis in the wild that depend on the existing behaviour.
>
> We can and do change the behaviour of filters but it's generally by
> extending them with special new modes and the like. We certainly can't
> change existing behaviour just because it is inconsistent or confusing.

I feared this. But I'm wondering if anyone is really relying on the fact
that each filters out nonexisting tiddlers.

Anyhow: To reslove this I propose:
a) Amend the documentation for each (and maybe others) so that people know
that non-existing tiddlers will be dropped
b) Create a new filter "uniq" (named after the UNIX command) which will do
the same as each, except that it will handle non existing tiddlers as well
c) I'm happy to do b) ;)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/42c8c5b0-b4a2-4aa0-9f6a-51c45351929b%40googlegroups.com.